Our Commitment to Your Health and Safety
To ensure the safety and protection of our members’ health, we are, and have been since re-opening in June, implementing strict protocols that adhere to the latest standards set by the State of California Guidelines.
Our Team is committed to your health and wellbeing as our top priority. Here is what we’re doing to follow through on that:
- We self-monitor daily and stay home if feeling any of the recognized symptoms of COVID-19 including: head ache, body ache, congestion, cough, sore throat, diminished smell or taste, fever.
- Wear a mask at all times when in the presence of members.
- Conduct a temperature check and sanitize hands when we arrive.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after training sessions with clients.
- Practice social distancing per the CDC guidelines.
- Exercise in well-ventilated areas, primarily outdoors.
- Greatly limit the numbers of members/clients within the facilities at any given time.
- Clean all used equipment after each use and periodically throughout the day.
- Sanitize door handles and commonly touched surfaces throughout the day.
For your safety and all those around you here is what we require of our members at Athlon:
- Stay home if feeling any of the recognized symptoms of COVID-19 including: head ache, body ache, congestion, cough, sore throat, diminished smell or taste, fever.
- Wear a mask at all times entering the facility (and recommended when training outdoors but not required).
- Receive a temperature check and sanitize hands up arriving, and answer the COVID-19 screening questions.
- Practice social distancing per the CDC guidelines throughout the workout and when in the facility.
- Clean each piece of equipment after use.
- Bring their own sweat towel and water bottle from home.
The Elephant in the Room
As you can tell, we absolutely take this virus serious. However, we also must recognize that this pandemic (or at least its magnitude) is about far more than a virus.
It is clear from the evidence that this virus disproportionately affects individuals with chronic diseases, especially those linked to higher levels of body fat and/or poor cardio-respiratory fitness, the “hypo-kinetic” diseases. Obesity, diabetes, high-blood pressure, heart disease, and asthma are all linked to poorer outcomes after contracting COVID-19.
This data is good news! It gives us some control over the power of this virus. We CAN improve outcomes with better cardio-respiratory fitness and decreased levels of body fat. Is it guaranteed? Of course not. But evidence would suggest it helps.
Athlon has been helping our community combat chronic, “hypo-kinetic” diseases for over 17 years. We do everything within our power to keep clients safe from contracting COVID-19 by following the state-mandated guidelines. But we also keep clients safe from negative outcomes of COVID-19 by staying open and coaching them through regular, healthy exercise and nutrition. We’re here for you!
Look, Feel, & Perform at Your Best
Since 2003 the Athlon team has helped over 10,000 central coast residents find the best version of themselves, in our fun and supportive community environment. We’re endorsed by local medical experts and trusted by many high-profile athletes from Major League Baseball, the NCAA, NFL, UFC, and PGA tour.
Click the button to learn more and receive a complimentary Fitness and Nutrition Diagnostic Consultation.